The cost of Residence for the 2015-2016 (September – April) academic year is $8,384.82. This fee is all-inclusive of lodging, utilities, and Internet.
Students are accepted to Innis Residence on the understanding that they will remain in residence for the full academic period (September to April). There are serious financial responsibilities associated with withdrawing from residence before the end of the Fall/Winter academic session.
When you accept your offer of Residence, you will be required to submit a $600.00 non-refundable deposit. It is important that you pay particular attention to the date set out in your offer email; not completing your application and paying your deposit on time will result in your offer being withdrawn and cancelled.
The Residence Fee of $8,384.82 consists of the Occupancy Fee of $8,321.00 and the Innis Residence Council Fee of $63.82.
The Residence Occupancy Fee of $8,321.00 is payable by a deposit plus three payments, as follows:
1. Fall Session Fee: $5,821.00 paid as follows:
I. $600.00 Non-refundable deposit of $600.00 by the designated offer deadline date stated in your Letter of Offer. This amount is paid online with a credit card through the StarRez Portal Application.
II. $2,721.00 The first payment of $2,721.00 must be made by August 12th, 2015 and can only be paid through your ROSI student account. Failure to pay this will result in your residence space being cancelled.
III. $2,500.00 The second payment of $2,500.00 must be made by September 30th, 2015.
Note: Service charges on any outstanding Fall Session fees will begin to be applied to your ROSI account on October 15th, 2015.
2. Winter Session Fee: $2,500.00 paid as follows:
IV. $2,500.00 The third payment of $2,500.00 must be made by November 30th, 2015.
Note: Service charges on any outstanding Winter Session fees will begin to be applied to your ROSI account on December 15th, 2015.
3. The Innis Residence Council (IRC) Fee of $63.82 is charged automatically along with your residence fees. The IRC Fee is charged to your student ROSI account as:
I. $31.91 for the Fall Session paid by September 30th, 2015.
II. $31.91 for the Winter Session paid by November 30th, 2015.
All Innis students and residents pay an Innis College Student Society (ICSS) Fee. For Innis College students this fee is automatically included in their incidental fees. For professional faculty students (Engineering and Architecture) who live at Innis Residence, this is an additional fee charged each term. The total fee is $71.06 and is charged to your account as $35.53 for the fall session (paid by September 30th) and $35.53 for the winter session (paid by November 30th). Professional faculty students will be notified when this fee has been added to their account.
With the exception of your $600.00 deposit, all residence fees are process through your ROSI student account and paid the same way as tuition fees. Payments can be made at most major Canadian banks and Credit Unions, or through telephone or online banking. To view your invoice that shows your total outstanding fees as well your account information, log into ROSI, then click on Financial Accounts, then Invoice.
For specific instructions on how to make a payment, visit the Student Accounts Website, click on the current academic session, and then click on Making Payments for both international and domestic instructions.
As mentioned above, students are accepted under the understanding that they will remain a full time undergraduate student and live in residence for the entire 8 month period. Should you decide to cancel and withdraw from residence you must do so in writing by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, student number, and reason for cancelling in your e-mail.
You will be charged according to one of the three scenarios below:
1. Should you decide to cancel after you have made your deposit but before August 12th, 2015, you will forfeit your deposit of $600.00 and you will not incur any additional charges.
2. Should you decide to cancel after August 12th, 2015 but before November 1st, 2015 you will be required to give 60 days’ notice of cancellation. You will be charged at a pro-rated amount from September 6th, 2015 to the end of the 60 day notice period you have provided. You will also be charged a $600.00 administrative fee.
3. Should you decide to cancel and leave residence after November 1st, 2015 you will receive no money back and will be responsible for the entire residence fee of $8,384.82.